The Old School House

From Carlton Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Name The Old School House
Former Names
Hamlet Carlton Hill
Street Brinkley Road
Location 52° 9' 16", 0° 24' 4"
Built on or before year
Is the building Listed No
When the house was rebuilt
The date "Not applicable" was not understood.
The date "Not applicable" was not understood.
Loading map...


Photographs of The Old School House


History

The Old School House used to be (surprise, surprise) the old school house. It is in the triangle formed by Church Road, Acre Road and Brinkley Road

According to the 1922 Kelly's Directory in Carlton there was a "Public Elementary School (mixed), erected in 1877, for 50 children ; Mrs Dorothy Savory, mistress."

In the 1910 Land Tax records the School House (no 366) the owner was not listed, and the occupier was merely listed as the "Manager of the School". It did not appear to be taxed.