Norney Farm

From Carlton Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Name Norney Farm
Former Names
Hamlet Carlton
Street Carlton Green Road
Location 52° 8' 42", 0° 24' 35"
Built on or before year
Is the building Listed No
When the house was rebuilt
The date "Not applicable" was not understood.
The date "Not applicable" was not understood.
Loading map...

Norney Farm was once a large farm between Lopham's Hall and Carlton Wood. Now nothing remains of it apart from the farm pond visible from the footpath that goes past it.

Some 60 acres of Norney farm, by the eastern boundary of the parish of Carlton, remained a detached part of Brinkley lordship and parish until transferred to Carlton in 1886.

Photographs of Norney Farm

Norney Farm in 1885